On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Erik Margraf
<erik.marg...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I wanted to typeset some Python code and stumbled across the
> pretty printing feature of ConTeXt. So far, I think I've learned the
> following:
>
>    -- There's no pretty printer for python. Neither in MKII nor in MKIV
>    -- The wiki has an example implementation for a python pretty printer
>       for MKII, i guess.
>
> I decided to play a little bit with pretty printing (maybe implement a
> Python pretty printer on my own) and failed at the start ;-)
> I tried the following:
>   -- Copied the filename pret-lua.lua to pret-py.lua
>   -- Added a print statement to verify that the respective lua
>     code (pret-lua.lua, pret-py.lua) is actually called.
> When I ran context on the file below, I could see that "pret-lua.lua"
> had been called, but "pret-py.lua" had not.  I guess, I did wrong something
> very fundamental.
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint
>
> Erik Margraf
First, I have made some changes to  pret-py.lua

< if not modules then modules = { } end modules ['pret-lua'] = {
---
> if not modules then modules = { } end modules ['pret-py'] = {
17c17
< local visualizer = buffers.newvisualizer("lua")
---
> local visualizer = buffers.newvisualizer("py")
105c105
< local function flush_lua_word(state, word)
---
> local function flush_python_word(state, word)
196c196
<                         state = flush_lua_word(state,word)
---
>                         state = flush_python_word(state,word)
234c234
<                     state = flush_lua_word(state,word)
---
>                     state = flush_python_word(state,word)
242c242
<         state = flush_lua_word(state,word)
---
>         state = flush_python_word(state,word)

but  *no*  other changes related to python's grammar

Next I believe that PYTHON is better than PY

\setupcolors[state=start]
\definecolor[colorprettyone]  [r=.9, g=.0, b=.0] % red
\definecolor[colorprettytwo]  [r=.0, g=.8, b=.0] % green
\definecolor[colorprettythree][r=.0, g=.0, b=.9] % blue
\definecolor[colorprettyfour] [s=0.60]           % gray
\definecolor[colorprettyfive] [orange]

\definepalet[colorpretty]
            [prettyone=colorprettyone,
            prettytwo=colorprettytwo,
            prettythree=colorprettythree,
            prettyfour=colorprettyfour,
            prettyfive=colorprettyfive]
% Python listings

\definepalet      [PYcolorpretty] [colorpretty]
\setuptyping      [PYTHON]            [bodyfont=10pt,option=color]
\installprettytype[PYTHON]  [PY]
\definetyping     [PYTHON]            [option=PYTHON]

\starttext
\section{Python sample}
\startPYTHON
#!/usr/local/bin/python

import os.path, sys

# Just a comment
foo = os.environ.get('FOO')
bar = os.environ.get('BAR')

if foo:
    foo = os.path.realpath(foobar)
elif bar:
    bar = os.path.realpath(bar)
else:
    print >> sys.stderr, '''
    FOO or BAR need to be set!
    '''
\stopPYTHON
\stoptext

It seems the option=color  is setted by default to TEX

\setvalue{\??tp:\c!option:\v!color    }{\setupprettiesintype{TEX}%
                                        \let\obeycharacters\setupprettytype
                                        \let\obeytabs\ignoretabs}

--
luigi