Hi.

Before begin bothering people  I would like to know what these words mean:
"we were unable  to receive a similar permission from Valek Filippov".
That is, TeX Gyre project was unable to contact with Valek or he
rejected they idea?
(I know that this mailing list is wrong place for this question but I
didn't find any additional information of TeX Gyre home page about
that.)

2010/1/6 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com>:
[...]
> Ver 2.003: 16.09.2009
[...]
> For reasons explained elsewhere, we prefer
>  to provide our work under the GUST Font Licence (GFL) which is legally
>  equivallent to the LPPL. However, since 1996 the 35 PostScript base
>  fonts were enhanced under the GNU Public License with Vietnamese glyphs
>  by Han The Thanh and Cyrillic glyphs by Valek Filippov. Han The Thanh
>  kindly permitted his additions to be retained under under GFL/LPPL in
>  this and future TeX Gyre fonts releases. Unfortunately, we were unable
>  to receive a similar permission from Valek Filippov for his Cyrillic
>  glyphs, thus there are no Cyrillic glyphs in any of the TeX Gyre fonts.
> * with the removal of the Cyrillic glyphs all t2a-*.tfm, t2b-*.tfm
>  t2c-*.tfm files and the relevant LaTeX *.fd files were also removed.
>
> Mojca

P.S. May be it is worth rewrite page http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian
to use another font as example like Old Standard found in
http://www.thessalonica.org.ru/en/fonts.html
or DejaVu fonts.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov