On Sat, 16 Jan 2010, paul morgan wrote:

Thank you again Aditya and Khaled for getting ConTeXt working here. One more
question for the list:

Under MacTex or TexLive, not sure which one, on my 10.4.11 system, my setup
and env* files were located in ~/Library/texmf/tex/context/user/ I rsynced
that dir to  ~/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/user and ConTeXt is not
finding them. Could someone please where I should put these files so context
will find them? Thanks again,

Did you run mktexlsr (for MkII) or luatools --generate (for MkIV)?

In general, it is not a good idea to place your files in texmf-context tree. They will get deleted when you update context-minimals. You can create a folder ~/context/tex/texmf-local and store your own files in a tex/context/<anything> subdirectory there.

Aditya