On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 18:54, Hans Hagen  wrote:
> On 19-1-2010 18:40, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> The texmf.cnf files now includes
>>      TEXMFHOME     = $HOME/texmf
>> but maybe we could add $HOME/Library/texmf to the list as well. Any
>> objections to that? (I just need to figure out how to properly nest
>> the braces.)
>
> only mac i assume

True, but it should be harmless if the folder doesn't exist on some other OS.

> i wonder what happens if someone has another tex installed then

TeX is supposed to be installed somewhere else (by default), not in
$HOME/texmf. People who do have those folders present usually know
what they are doing. Not all of them, but some random newbie would not
create a folder there.

> so maybe
> make it an option somehow .. of just considere it not-done for
> the minimals

There have been several complaints about missing TEXMFHOME and no
complaints about its presence since the time when we have added it
(must be a few months at least).

Mojca