luigi scarso <luigi.sca...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Oliver Heins <o...@sopos.org> wrote:
>
>>> For what I understand
>>> \placegrafik[btlr]{none}{\externalfigure[foo][width=1.95\textwidth]}
>>> and columnset with n=3 are not compatible.
>>> I mean
>>> 1.95\textwidth and n=3 are not compatible
>>
>> Same is true for lines=19.  I think this is a bug in ConTeXt, and I
>> wanted to report it, in the hope it will get fixed.
> no surprise here ,as before
>>
>>> In mkii your \subject disappear, in mkiv no but things changes with
>>> 1.92\textwidth
>>> whiel with 1.0\textwidth things go well.
>>> I'm not surprised because columnsets must be carefully managed .
>>
>> Sorry, but I won't consider a »feature working properly only under some
>> very rare circumstances« a properly working feature, but a broken one.
>
> I disagree here.
> In columnsets I always  exactly specify what  I want to do, to avoid surprise.
> For example in your situation I  use width=1.0\textwidth, because
> \placegrafik[btlr]{none}{\externalfigure[foo][width=1.95\textwidth]}
> is a non-sense for me: I cannot  put a figure large 1.95\textwidth in
> a column large \textwidth.

Yes, but the 1.95\textwidth was just a remainder of my experiments with
the width to see where the problem occurs and where not.  It occurs with
width=2\textwidth, too, as well as with lines=19.  And the latter two
one make sense.

And no, I don't want to put a figure 2 columns wide in a single column.
I want it to spawn over two columns.

> If I need  to do so, then I must reserve a span in a some way.

According to http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/columns.pdf (page
16ff.) it is perfectly okay to do the way I did.

That's what the directive btlr is for: flush from bottom to top and left
to right.

It's a documented feature, and it's not working properly (at least from
what I see).  I call this a bug.

Best regards,
 olli

--