On 8-2-2010 22:16, Bernhard Rosensteiner wrote:
Am 08.02.2010 um 19:42 schrieb Hans Hagen:

On 8-2-2010 18:52, Bernhard Rosensteiner wrote:

thanks for the hint with \defineexternalfigure… - indeed useful.
The „automatic“ feature of floatrow is nice but not so important that i will
ever switch back to LaTeX.

it's no big deal to make some scaler but the problem is what to take as
reference, specify it etc etc. If it's not the first image, then we need
multiple passes. too much automatism with graphics is a bit tricky

it would be nice to have something like:

\startfloatcombination[3*2, width=.8\textwidth]
\externalfigure….
\externalfigure….
\externalfigure….
\externalfigure….
\externalfigure….
\externalfigure….
\stopfloatcombination

and all graphics fit in the given width with same height in one row. I found
this feature in floatrow useful because i had a lot of graphics in different
widths and heights so it was easy to „stitch“ them together. On the programming
side i have no idea how complicated something would be (i´m only a happy
context user). Maybe you consider something to implement in future?

it's not that complex to make something like that (but there's a bit more to it, like distances and so we always end up with a bit more code)

also, this does not really fit into the user interface ... (mixed keywords and key/values)

as it should be a generic feature i.e. not only for images, we more end up with something

\definecombination
  [whatever]
  [width=.8\textwidth,
   height=equal,
   distance=1em]

\startcombination[whatever][3*2]
  {\externalfigure...} {}
  {\externalfigure...} {}
  {\externalfigure...} {}
\startcombination

where equal will eventually scale up the heights of the content

looking at combinations, i have to mkiv-ize that code anyway so at that time i could add that feature (i have to take a look at some project styles as we often do combination trickery)