-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [off-list] Rotated footnotes?
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:30:00 +0100
From: Taco Hoekwater <t...@elvenkind.com>
To: Steffen Wolfrum <cont...@post.werksatz.com>, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
Am 11.02.2010 um 10:07 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
Hi Taco,
there really is no clean way to get a rotated figure/label/footnote
page?
Not that I know of, no. Unless you would consider actually rotating the
entire page 90 degrees a solution?

No, the actual page (width, height, position of pagenumber/header)
sould be the same.
It should be as shown in my faked example ... only in a "right" way.

Perhaps Hans can come up with a method for the \localfootnotes to use
(and update) the global footnote number. The rest of my hack is a ugly,
but functional. Hans?

new beta ... some fixes to footnotes (automigrate works with local now) ... also lastcolumn fix (might break something else, not sure about that yet)

\automigrateinserts

\starttext

\setupnotes[continue=yes]

\input tufte

\input tufte \footnote{oeps}

\startstandardmakeup
    \setuptabulate[before=,after=]
    \rotate [rotation=90] \bgroup \vbox to \textwidth \bgroup
        \hsize\textheight
        \startlocalnotes[footnote]
        \placefigure [fixed] {} {
            \starttabulate
                \NC test \footnote{\input tufte } \NC \input tufte \NC \NR
                \NC test \NC \input tufte \NC \NR
            \stoptabulate
        }
        \vfill