On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
In addition: \ncong is not aligned with = and \cong

I am not sure what \ncong should map to: 0x2246 or 0x2247? There is
inconsistency between the mappings in char-def and math-vfu which can be fixed
easily once I figure out what is the correct mapping.

My opinion is, that it should be 0x2247 (the whole glyph scored out), because that would be the clear negation of the sign (similar to what \not\cong should do). Maybe provide another command for 0x2246? \congneq or \simneq for example.

And many thanks for fixing this.

Stefan