Am 23.02.2010 um 16:23 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 23-2-2010 12:22, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

>>>                       ^^^^
>>>
>>> remove {#1} here

>>> i probably added some proper push/pop here
>>

>> Today the code above gives an error:
>>
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> \doplacerawlist ...references {#1}}\dosettoclevel
>>                                                   \??li \firstlistelement
>> \h...
>> \doplacelist ...ginoflist \doplacerawlist [#1][#2]
>>                                                   \doendoflist
>> <to be read again>
>>

>> Can you see what needs to be changed?
>
> sure, as the whole underlying mechanism of lists has changed (and now mostly
> happens in lua) that code makes no sense and iven if i made a (fake)
> \dosettoclevel it would not kick in
>
> so, you need to identify your need and then implement a mkiv solution

The need is easily described:

\placelist[chapter, section,...][file=MyFile]

In old MkII times all information for a table of content was read from the
".tuo" file.
For making manual changes in needed a way to define from *which* tuo file the
placelist command reads its information:
so I could copy the original tuo file, give it another name (MyFile) and define

\def\FrozenTUO{MyFile}

... thus each \placelist run would read from that paticular MyFile.tuo

The quoted code above was written by Hans to provide a way to implement a kind
of \placelist[chapter, section,...][file=MyFile] in MkII.

As all list reading stuff was re-written from scratch in MkIV, this can be
hopefully done directly now?
It looks like already prepared:
\placelist[chapter, section,...][file=MyFile]
doesn't give an error ... but doesn't work either.

Steffen