On Sat, 6 Mar 2010, Troy Henderson wrote:

Is it possible to get ConTeXt (MKIV) to automatically crop out the
whitespace from its PDF output?  I know that I can use the external
utility `pdfcrop`, but I was wondering if this is possible with
ConTeXt itself.  This would be useful when generating MetaPost
graphics where the graphic is the only thing in the ConTeXt output.

\startTEXpage
arbitrary tex code
\stopTEXpage

\startMPpage
arbitrary mp code
\stopMPpage

both commands take the same arguments as \framed, so you can say
\setupMPpage[offset=3mm]
..
\stopMPpage

to get a slightly loose bounding box.