On 9 mrt 2010, at 11:31, Hans Hagen wrote:

On 9-3-2010 11:26, Hans van der Meer wrote:
I get an error with the code below.
Is it (im)possible to fill a buffer from xml-processing in this manner?
Or is there another way?

The xml:
<description>contents of description</description>

The setups:
\startxmlsetups xml:case:description
\startbuffer[BESCHRIJVING]
\xmlflush{#1}
\stopbuffer
\stopxmlsetups

The error message:
Runaway argument?
\xmlflush {dvd::24}\stopbuffer \startcase \dvdfrontpagina [\PAGEFIGURE
\ETC.
! File ended while scanning use of \dododowithbuffer.

buffers don't work inside a setup

but why do you need a buffer? you can explicitly flush content

I want a buffer because I must save the contents until I can call it up later on.
The solution below flushes the contents prematurely.

\xmlfirst{#1}{description}

and such so there is no need for buffers; in fact, the whole file is buffered and you can consider each element to be a buffer

Hans

Hans van der Meer