Here's where I'm at:

1. I Loaded bibdemo.tex on my machine and ran it. The output looked good.
2. I Interspersed the commands from bibdemo into my document at what I
thought were the proper places. That created a bibliography of one item--the
one in xampl.
3. I want to create my own database of references to be used in my
documents, but have a couple of questions:

Q1. Do I create my database by creating MyReferences.tex with my text
editor?
Q2. Is MyReferences.bbl supposed to be created by \setupbibtex when it
appears in a document?
Q3. I am confused by the \cite[article-full] command in the example. I
thought the specific publication to be cited would be reference by key or
some other unique identifier and have no idea how article-full identifies
the publication to be cited.

I didn't used to be this stupid, but the decades have taken a toll.

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
Twitter: @TomBenjey