Am 12.03.10 05:50, schrieb Michael Saunders:
I couldn't get Context running from within TexnicCenter again, so I'm
running it from a batch file.  After pouring over all the mentions of
typescripts here and there, I can't make sense of them.  For example,
I used to be able to write font definition files that would
automatically shift between different design sizes depending on what
font size was called for.  How to do that here?  Not a clue.

Finally I settled on trying simplefonts.  The two lines of
documentation in Context Garden are:

\usemodule[simplefonts] % load the module
\setmainfont[Delicious] % set Delicious as main (serif) font

I tried this at home:

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[garamondpremrpro]

and, indeed, it loads Garamond, but normal ligatures (e.g. ffi) are
broken, TeX ligatures (e.g. ---) are broken, small caps are broken,
etc.  It doesn't even take advantage of the superior figures for the
footnote marks, which are now tiny, spindly things.
Add

\definefontfeature[default]  [default]  [mode=node,script=latn]
\definefontfeature[smallcaps][smallcaps][mode=node,script=latn]

before \setmainfont.

Wolfgang