On 15-3-2010 18:27, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
Hallo,

I work all the time with good old mkii-context, but I have had a lot
of problems last time, which could be solved easely if I switch to
mkiv. So I wonder if I should change. The main argument for me to
stay with mkii is the following:

I have a lot of lua scripts withhin scite which are preprocessing my
textfiles (string.gsub etc.) These scripts depent on ansi-code and do
not work with unicode too.

An other problem I have, is to teach scite to use utf-8 per default.
(code.page=65001) does not work for me. I have tried this with a lot
of versions of scite.

code.page=65001
output.code.page=65001

Has anybody experiences with scite-lua-scripts and unicode?

it depends on what you do but normally lua does not care about funny characters in strings

an option is to run the script outside scite and pipe data back