Am 17.03.10 02:26, schrieb Michael Saunders:
I have been earnestly trying to understand how they work by attempting
a slightly more complex one.

So far, I have:

[...]

1. tlig and trep aren't working, so evidently, features=default isn't
getting through.  No hanging or hz is happening either---probably the
same problem.
You can apply only *one* feature to \definefontfeatures.
2. As far as I can tell from trying to decode examples, there is some
hidden connection between the first arguments of the second typescript
block and the font switches.  So, for example, a secret connection
between SerifBoldItalic and \bi seems to connect Junicode-BoldItalic
to \bi.  Fine, but, in all the examples I've seen, there are no more
than two weights and no widths.  In some cases, I have five weights
(light, book, medium, semi-bold, bold).  How do I set up the
typescript for this and the switches in the text?  Must I learn more
pairs like (SerifBoldItalic, \bi)?
You need more typefaces. One for light, another one for condensed etc.

styles:

Serif       -> \rm
Sans        -> \ss
Mono        -> \tt