On 22 mrt 2010, at 16:18, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Am 22.03.10 16:00, schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
For some reason it is defined as \lbracket in MkIV and undefined in MkII. Does anyone use \lbracket? If not, we can change it to \lbrack. Otherwise, we can also have both \lbrack and \lbracket defined.

Any thoughts?
Either both or the long form only, memory is no longer a reason to create funny names like \infty (can we add \infinity please)

I strongly disagree with the idea not defining the forms \lbrack and \lbrace. Fact is that Knuth defined them in the base of TeX's math. We should at least stay compatible with that. And please do not also kill \infty. Why then not also change \equiv to \equivalent, \approx to \approximate etc, etc? If we start diverging in that way, we loose all ground. To me that sounds as a horror scenario.

Hans van der Meer