Hubertus wrote:
Dear Taco,
I use the excellent BibTex module with this setup:
\setupbibtex[database=biblio,sort=author]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa,refcommand=short,sorttype=bbl,criterium=cited]
So if I have something like this
@ARTICLE{Akimoto2005,
author = {R. Akimoto and B. S. Li and K. Akita and T. Hasama},
}
in my *.bib file, the \cite[Akimoto2005] results in [ALAH05]. Is there a way
get only the first author with three letters and the year ([Aki05]) in the
citation?
Patch the generated .bbl file by hand. after its initial creation, it
will not be modified by context itself anymore.
May be I should have tried it first, before editting about 200 entries as you
suggested. As far as I can judge from the timestamp, at my system the bbl file is generatet every time I run texexec. Have I missed something?

Oh boy, I am sorry! My fault! The *correct* recipe is: run once, so the
bbl exists, then delete the \setupbibtex line from your source, then
edit the bbl, then recompile.

Feeling stupid,
Taco