On 30 mars 2010, at 17:41, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 30.03.10 16:48, schrieb Otared Kavian:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Thanks for fixing so quickly the issue with the release 2010.03.29.
>> Now with the latest release, that is
>> ConTeXt  ver: 2010.03.30 12:47 MKIV  fmt: 2010.3.30  int: english/english
>> there is an issue with \dots: mkiv considers that this should be in
>> mathmode, while until yesterday it didn't complain at all.
>> Minimal example:
>>
>> Hello Hans\dots
>>
> \starttext
> Hello Otared \unknown\ hello Otared …
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your attention: actually I was typesetting a file containing an
older one which I have written and typeset in the good old plain TeX, and there
I have used \dots. Indeed saying (as you suggest)
\let\dots\unknown
solves my problem, but the bug I was reporting has to do (I guess) with a more
serious issue in mkiv's math.
In another thread initiated by Peter Rolf I reported that any math in the
latest beta mkiv results in:
! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle

Minimal example:

\starttext
$a$
\stoptext

As Thomas Schmitz points out it may be a matter of  math fonts.

Best regards: OK