Hi,

> Do you have all the formats generated? (mptopdf etc.)

No. Thanks for the hint (the logfile also told me, I know now). It works
now. The problem was that I use a system-wide setup and the $TEXMFCACHE
tree was not writable by the users. I now introduced the »chmod« line, see
below.

I'm not an expert. This is how I update my system. Is this correct? Or
can the metafun format also be generated by root, so I can remove the
world write access?

# sh first-setup.sh --extras=all
# . /usr/local/share/context/tex/setuptex
# cp luatex-0.52 /usr/local/share/context/bin/luatex
# cp luatex-0.52 /usr/local/share/context/tex/texmf-linux/bin/luatex
# chmod -R a+rwx /usr/local/share/context/te/texmf-cache
# luatools --generate
# texhash
# context --make
# texexec --make

$ context test.tex

BTW: Can I achieve that the luatex binary will not be overwritten by
first-setup.sh?

Thanks for your replies.
marco