Dear al,

let me try again:

The following works in mkii but all the buttons get squeezed together in mkiv. I have the hunch that I'm doing something that I am not supposed
to which just accidentally works in mkii. But I can't figure out what.

Thanks,
Matthias

\setupbodyfont          [10pt]

% Colors

\setupcolors            [state=start]
\setupcolor             [rgb]

\definecolor [HyperlinkColor] [r=.6,g=.1,b=.2] %Hyperlinks
\definecolor [ContrastColor] [r=.1,g=.2,b=.2] % ?
\definecolor [InteractionColor] [r=.1,g=.3,b=.2] %available actionbar bars
\definecolor [ContrastColor2]    [r=.1,g=.1,b=.4] %current actionbar bar

\setupinteraction       [       state=start,
                                        menu=on,
                                        page=yes,
                                        color=HyperlinkColor,
                                        contrastcolor=ContrastColor]

\setupinteractionmenu
  [bottom]
  [leftoffset=+10pt,
   rightoffset=-10pt]

\startinteractionmenu[bottom]
  \txt \InteractionButtons \\
\stopinteractionmenu

\def\InteractionButtons%
  {\interactionbuttons
     [width=40em,height=1em]
     [PreviousJump,NextJump,
      firstpage,
      firstsubpage,previouspage,nextpage,lastsubpage,
      lastpage,
      CloseDocument]}

\setupinteractionmenu   [       state=start]

% Page Layout

\setuppapersize         [S6][S6]

\setuplayout                    [       bottomspace=.8cm,
                                                bottom=12pt]

\starttext

\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth\par}