Hello,

I have interesting task. I want to build a picture of a guitar chord using metapost.

For now, I only knew how to make a chord grid:

\startreusableMPgraphic{chordgrid}
drawoptions(withpen pencircle scaled 0.4pt withcolor black) ;
draw hlingrid(0, 5, 1, 0.8cm, 1cm) ;
draw vlingrid(0, 4, 1, 1cm, 0.8cm) ;
\stopreusableMPgraphic

\define[0]\ChGrid{\dontleavehmode\useMPgraphic{chordgrid}\hskip2mm}

\starttext
\ChGrid
\stoptext

I need to change it so that I could specify fret numbers, i.e. six numbers for each string, and draw a filled circles in these positions.

I've started with a command like this

\define[6]\Ch{\dontleavehmode\useMPgraphic{chordgrid}...

I'm not sure what to do next... How to pass these parameters into MP, how to organize the loop...

For a test, \Ch[1][3][1][2][1][1] should produce

Please, help me with it.

--
Best Regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky