Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> \setupfootnotes[textcommand=,numbercommand=,style=,bodyfont=]

Thanks, Taco.  I tried the following:

\setupfootnotes[textcommand=,numbercommand=,style=,bodyfont=]

\starttext
text1\footnote{1footnote}
\stoptext

and it almost works.  The third and fourth '1' look the same, but the
first and second '1' (those in the text) are different.  The second is
on the baseline, but it has been scaled much smaller than the first.
I want to turn off even this scaling.

My eventual plan is to use my sups for this (they seem to work fine
for me), but for now I'd be content to turn the automatic scaling off.
 By the way, of these four keys (textcommand, numbercommand, style,
bodyfont), it's not at all clear to me what each is supposed to
control.