On 13-4-2010 12:41, Otared Kavian wrote:

On 13 avr. 2010, at 04:13, Troy Henderson wrote:

I'm trying to follow

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/rsfs

to get a script L in math mode (to denote Laplace Transform) but to no
avail.  I followed the code in the first section, but I get the
following compilation error.  Any help is appreciated.

Troy

Hi Troy,

The following works fine for me in mkii, but not in mkiv since, as you observe,
the command
\purefamily
seems to have disappeared from mkiv:

Sure, as we have a complete different model now as in mkiv we take complete freedom to divert from the regular tex approach of families.

Anyhow, the following shoudl work out ok. You need the beta that i just uploaded as some extra checks were needed because these are non typical fonts. This is just a test. In order to have a nice solution we'd have to define a proper virtual setup (so in fact symbol then becomes a collection of alternatives; of course we can consider adding them the base lm set instead)

\unprotect

\chardef\msfam\plustwo % math symbol

\def\c!ms{ms}

\unexpanded\def\ms{\ifmmode\fam\plustwo\else\setcurrentfontalternative\c!ms\fi}

\chardef\symbolmathmode\zerocount

\def\enablesymbolmath {\chardef\symbolmathmode\plusone  }
\def\disablesymbolmath{\chardef\symbolmathmode\zerocount}

\appendtoks
    \ifcase\symbolmathmode\or\dosetmathfamily\msfam\c!ms\fi
\to \mathstrategies

\enablesymbolmath

\protect

\starttypescript [math] [modern,computer-modern,latin-modern]
    \definefontsynonym[mathsymbol][mathsymbol-regu...@symbol-math]
    \loadfontgoodies[symbol-math]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [math] [modern,computer-modern,latin-modern] [size]

    % extras on top of regular and bold

    \definebodyfont
        [4pt,5pt,6pt,7pt,8pt,9pt,10pt,
         11pt,12pt,14.4pt,17.3pt,20.7pt]
        [mm]
        [ms=MathSymbol sa 1]

\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[modern] \setupbodyfont[modern,10pt]

\def\scr      {\ms}
\def\script#1{{\scr#1}}

\enableboldmath
\enablesymbolmath

\setupbodyfont[10pt]

\starttext
\input knuth

${\scr ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}$

$\sum_{\scr ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}$

$\sum_{\mb ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}$

\startformula
\sum_{j \in \scr M} {\scr L}_{j} = {\scr P}.
\stopformula