On 17-4-2010 11:10, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
Hello,

thanks to contributors of this list I was able to use ppchtex with
LaTeX when I encountered a "\writestatus: Undefined control sequence"
problem:

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2009/044672.html

Everything went well (though I have a little use of ppchtex) but, as I
tried it some days ago, I was facing another trouble pointed out by the
following MCE:

\listfiles{}
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{etex,m-pictex,m-ch-en}
\begin{document}
\startchemical
\chemical{2H_2,PLUS,O_2,GIVES,2H_2O}
\stopchemical
\end{document}

The error is:

! Undefined control sequence.
\dodogetgroupargument ->\normalifx

can you check if your ppchtex.noc file has

\input supp-mis.mkii \let\writestatus\undefined
\input syst-gen.mkii
\input syst-fnt.mkii

i.e loads the mkii files?

i font, get the cont-tmf.zip file from our website and unzip it in your tex tree (and run mktexlsr afterwards)