On Wed, May 05 2010, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> The problem is in your example the page happens between two separate
> paragraphs and not in a paragraph where a penalty values is available.

What is setups=*strict supposed to do? In the following example, the page
break is even before section 7:

\showframe
\setuplayout[setups=*strict]
\def\mySection{\section{bla}\dorecurse{40}{text }}
\starttext
\dorecurse8{\mySection} % try \dorecurse7 here
\stoptext

I would really like to solve this problem: read the relevant chapters in my
TeXbook, take a look into latex-code and then patch context, but
unfortunately I don't have time for this right now, so any help is really
welcome.

Currently I'm working on two documents, where I have a lot of \page
commands as workaround.

Tomorrow, I'll try to make a better example, where page-breaks are really
bad...

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/