On 1-6-2010 9:03, Martin Kolařík wrote:
I see,

and for the single case it works. Also saving is fine, I am using it.
Unfortunately, my example was too reduced :-). In fact, I have a problem
with more complex documents, for example, think about:

<section>
</section>

Now, if I want not to only typeset a caption, but also to store it and
reuse it later (typeset it twice, e.g. in the marging or elsewhere in
the page, ...), it fails (on \processaction, \doif, ...).

can't you just filter the caption then? in principle you can access each element everywhere