I frequently use LaTeX with BibLaTeX and the BibLaTeX-Chicago Style package
to typeset scholarly material. For me, BibLaTeX is a great tool. However, I
am attracted to ConTeXt because, coming from a desktop-publishing
background, ConTeXt gives me more/easier control over document layout and
structure. Thus I began to dream of a "chocolate + peanut butter"
combination of the two.

I would like to know if anyone has thoughts on the possibility of using
BibLaTeX & Biber with ConTeXt -- perhaps through a wrapper module of some
kind? I don't understand the internals of LaTeX or ConTeXt well enough to
know if this is a ridiculous question. I respect the ConTeXt Bib module, but
BibLaTeX-Chicago offers exactly what I'm looking for.

Both BibLaTeX and ConTeXt use e-TeX, and the internals of BibLaTeX appear
not to be LaTeX-specific. So, would it be possible to write a ConTeXt module
that bypasses Bib and provides an interface between ConTeXt bibliography
commands and BibLaTeX/Biber?

Thanks,
PPN