On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:44:45 +0200, Peter Münster <pmli...@free.fr>
wrote:

> You can also look here:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/SlideWithSteps
>
> and here:
>
> http://modules.contextgarden.net/t-rsteps
>
> and here:
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/RawSteps
>
> and here:
>
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20041106.080646.2544e4f3.html
I tried all your suggestions. Here are the results:

> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/SlideWithSteps
Compiling the example code on this page I get the error
! Use of \dospecialabout doesn't match its definition.

> http://modules.contextgarden.net/t-rsteps
Compiling the example code in the module itself I get the error
! Missing number, treated as zero.

> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20041106.080646.2544e4f3.html
Compiling the first example on this page I get the error
! Undefined control sequence.
[...]
l.111 \StopSteps

> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/RawSteps
These examples brought me on the right track. It works almost. Using the
following code you can see that the page counter is messed up. Compare
the results compiled with

context test.tex                # page counter messed up
context --mode=nosteps test.tex # page counter OK

\usemodule [rsteps]
\usemodule [simpleslides] [style=ThickStripes]
\startmode [nosteps]
  \let\StartSteps\relax
  \let\StopSteps \relax
  \def\FromStep [#1]#2{#2}
\stopmode
\starttext

\SlideTitle {First Topic} \null
\SlideTitle {Second Topic}
\StartSteps
\startitemize
  \FromStep[1]{\item 1st}
  \FromStep[2]{\item 2nd}
  \FromStep[3]{\item 3rd}
  \FromStep[4]{\item 4th}
\stopitemize
\StopSteps

\SlideTitle {Third Topic} \null
\stoptext

The steps result is as I expected. I get 4 physical pages and I can step
through the items. But the wrong page counter makes the it unusable since
most simpleslides styles use them (on purpose). Maybe it's just a small fix.

I wonder why I have to install the module manually. It is not included in
the minimals. I think this functionality should be integrated into
simpleslides (when the bug is fixed). It would make its use more simple.

Best regards
Marco