Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>> We already have a server for tests:
>>>
>>>  http://foundry.supelec.fr/gf/project/contexttest/
>>
>> Yes, but some metadata is missing and some architecture to actually
>> run those tests (some tests only make sense in MKII and some only in
>> MKIV etc.).
>>
>> I would definitely prefer if some function "run_the_unit_tests"
>> existed, but we probably need to write one first.
>
> Just saying there is no need for yet another server  (you cannot
> run tests server-side anyway).

Why? I was talking about fully automatic tests, not tests like "compile and
open result in the viewer". I understand that there is not too much
functionality that can be tested automatically (hence, server-side), but at
least some basic things can be tested.

Probably, more features can be tested server-side analyzing the result pdf
file using some library (though I don't know the pdf-parsing libraries
sufficiently good to implement it).