On 09/06/10 11:24, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
Michael Murphy wrote:
On 08/06/10 20:47, taco wrote:

It also only happens in mkiv, something is broken there. As is
usual in the mkiv version of the bib module, I can't figure
it out :(

However, here is a workaround:

... and indeed, this works for the minimal example, but in my actual
document, I get an error:

! Undefined control sequence.
\dododescriptioncomponent ...entdescriptioncoding
\s!tex \fi \ifx

and I have no idea why. I guess I'll play around some more.

Wild guess: can you try with this definition in the setup part
of your document?

\unexpanded\def\dodescriptioncomponent
{\doifelsedescriptioncomponent
\nododescriptioncomponent\dododescriptioncomponent}

Best wishes,
Taco

Thanks for the code, but that turns out not to help. The problem seems to be when I want to have references in footnotes (see attached minimal example).

--
Michael Murphy
\setuppublicationlist[samplesize={CKRGO08},totalnumber=3]

\startpublication[k=Balachandran2008,t=article,
a={{Balachandran},{Gong}},y=2008,o={10.1103/PhysRevA.77.012303},
n=1,s=BG08]
\artauthor[]{Vinitha}[V.]{}{Balachandran}
\artauthor[]{Jiangbin}[J.]{}{Gong}
\pubyear{2008}
\arttitle{Adiabatic quantum transport in a spin chain with a moving potential}
\journal{Phys. Rev. A}
\volume{77}
\issue{1}
\pages{012303}
\doi{10.1103/PhysRevA.77.012303}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=Borzi2002,t=article,
a={{Borz\`i},{}},y=2002,
n=2,s=BSH02]
\artauthor[]{Alfio}[A.]{}{Borz\`i}
\artauthor[]{Georg}[G.]{}{Stadler}
\artauthor[]{Ulrich}[U.]{}{Hohenester}
\pubyear{2002}
\arttitle{Optimal quantum control in nanostructures: Theory and application to
  a generic three-level system}
\journal{Phys. Rev. A}
\volume{66}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=Bose2007,t=article,
a={{Bose}},y=2007,o={http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00107510701342313},
n=3,s=Bos07]
\artauthor[]{Sougato}[S.]{}{Bose}
\pubyear{2007}
\arttitle{Quantum communication through spin chain dynamics: an introductory
  overview}
\journal{Contemporary Physics}
\volume{48}
\issue{1}
\pages{13}
\doi{http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00107510701342313}
\stoppublication
\setupinteraction[state=start]

\usemodule[bib]
\setuppublications[refcommand=authoryears]

\let\NORMALcite\cite
\newif\ifSEEN
\def\cite#1[#2]{\SEENfalse
  \def\processitem##1{\ifSEEN, \else\SEENtrue \fi \NORMALcite[##1]}%
  (\processcommalist[#2]\processitem )}

\unexpanded\def\dodescriptioncomponent
  {\doifelsedescriptioncomponent
    \nododescriptioncomponent\dododescriptioncomponent}

\setupcite[authoryears][compress=no,left=,right=]

\starttext

I can cite single authors, like this \cite[Balachandran2008], and now I
can also do more than one\footnote{but unfortunately I get errors when I
  have citations
  \cite[Balachandran2008]
  in footnotes}%
citation \cite[Balachandran2008,Borzi2002,Bose2007].
\blank
\placepublications