On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

On 25-6-2010 9:48, Martin 'golodhrim' Scholz wrote:
Hi Hans, Mojca, Aditya and List,

just tried to use the vim Syntax Highlighting module in ConTeXt MKIV, but
if running the documents complains it searches a file called

        filename-vimsyntax.tmp-vimsyntax.tmp

sure that file not exists but there is a file called

        filename-vimsyntax.tmp

is there a way to do a workaround so that the vim Syntaxhighlighting
module would work in MKIV or does it need to be rewriten completedly?

probably something that M or A can fix easily

Something changed in mtxrun ...

Earlier (checked on the 2009.12.31) if I used

mtxrun bin:vim kpse:2context.vim

the "kpse:2context.vim" was expanded to the full path of 2context.vim. Now (in 2010.06.20), "kpse:2context.vim" expands to "tree://<full-path>". Of couse, vim does not understand the tree:// prefix and cannot load the file. Is there an option to avoid the tree:// prefix?

Almost all the errors in t-vim over the years have due to trying to support kpse: directive. (The errors were not a fault of ConTeXt, but the way quotes are handled by cmd.exe and the various shells in *nix. I still haven't figured out a syntax that works with all shells). This makes me wonder whether it was a good idea to make vim module work out of the box. Perhaps a more robust alternative was to ask the uses to copy 2context.vim to $HOME/.vim/scripts/ and forget about getting mtxrun to locate the file. What do others think?

Aditya