On 9-7-2010 10:12, Brian R. Landy wrote:
Hi, I ran into a case where a natural table has an issue when it
contains inline math and an alignment character is used. Here's a small
example which triggers the problem:

\starttext<
\bTABLE<
\bTABLEbody<
\bTR<
\bTD[alignmentcharacter={.},aligncharacter=yes]{\le 4.0\math{-}}\eTD<
\eTR<
\eTABLEbody<
\eTABLE<
\stoptext<

However, if I replace \math{-} with $-$, the file works. Am I correct
that $-$ and \math{-} should be interchangeable?

side effect of alignmentcharacter that triggers expansion of cell content, so just use $ here