2010/7/12 Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>:
> On 11-7-2010 11:46, Vedran Miletić wrote:
>>
>> Here is a better patch, with new strings translated and v!appendix
>> commented as in lang-ger.tex.
>>
>> I could also add support for Serbian latin, but I have no idea how to
>> add new language that will allow both latin and cyrilic.
>
> we need to define what that means then ... as i can imagine only combining
> multiple languages with respect to hyphenation

In case of Serbian it's in fact about dealing with two completely
"different languages" in terms of TeX. Latin script and Cyrillic
script require different patterns, different font encodings and
different labels.

The \mainlanguage[serbian][script=latin] and [script=cyrillic] would
only be "a more elegant/proper" way as opposed to
\mainlanguage[serbian-latn] and \mainlanguage[serbian-cyrl] (or
serbian-latin or serbianl or sr-latn or ...). In reality the two
should be two different languages, the second parameter would only be
a more elegant way, like for German. Polyglossia has
[german][spelling=old/new] (or something similar).

If you simply choose two names for language (for example sr-latn and
sr-cyrl), it should be straightforward to add both languages to MKII
as well.

Mojca