On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

On 4-8-2010 6:51, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
 On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

>  On 4-8-2010 9:16, Willi Egger wrote:
> >  Hi all,
> >  problem.
> >  \vbox{
> >  test
> >  }\stopbuffer
>  \stopbuffer

 Is it possible to have an "inline" version of \start...stopbuffer. So that

 \buffer[options]{...} is similar to

 \startbuffer[options]
 \stopbuffer

 The functionality is already there. \type parses the contents correctly,
 and
 \startbuffer writes it to an external file. Something that combines the
 two will
 be great.

 Such a feature will be handy for inline syntax highlighting with the t-vim
 module.

\setbuffer[bla]more bla\endbuffer

That does not work in mkii and does not look right for the user interface. For pretty printing using the inbuilt macros, one can use

\startTEX
\stopTEX

and \typeTEX{...}

Normally, I want the "display" version to insert blank spaces while the "inline" version to leave them alone. In the t-vim module, I can create environment

\startvimTEX
\stopvimTEX

(that writes contents to file and inputs the result) but cannot easily create \typevimTEX. For that I will need to reimplement all the catcode trickery of \definetype and \definebuffer.

Aditya