On 15-8-2010 7:05, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
Hi,

Why does subject kill bookmarks when used as first entry?
See attached example.

(I am not sure whether I misunderstood the structural logic that's used for
bookmarks.)

Well, they assume some structure indeed and start from a parent that has a higher order.

Normally one will have more structure (introductions or whatever) and never start with a dangling subject.

In a toc this goes unnoticed as there is no tree visualized there.

I fixed it using a horrible hack that took me a whole afternoon of experimenting to cook up so this is the last thing I will do about bookmarks for a long time (esp such weird cases).

Having a dangling one in for instance an appendix will show the problem as one will never know where it actually belongs to then. A better way would be to have a dedicated 'inject level zero bookmark here' command but it has a very low priority.