Hello, all

Why is a problem with character # inside TABLE??
\type{#XXX} is without problem but inside TABLE is a problem with compilation

It works:
\bTABLE
\bTR
\bTD \type{\#patt}\eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE

Isnt works:
\bTABLE
\bTR
\bTD \type{#patt}\eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE

Is there solving the problem??
Jaroslav

Dne 24.8.2010 16:15, Wolfgang Schuster napsal(a):
 Am 24.08.10 15:53, schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:
Hello all...

I am converting any manual from HTML to ConTeXt.
There are a lot of programm code. and in the code is very often % character. Ther is no problem in \startyping - \stoptyping environment, but I need using this in text ... for example

The sequence \type{%0} stands for the whole match. The sequence \type{%%} stands for a single~\type{%}.
or
For instance, the call \type{string.format('%q', 'a string with "quotes" and \n new line')} will produce the string:
etc..

1.

It is clear that this can not work, but is there any satisfactory solution?? Something like \startypingintext ... \stoptypingintext i.e. intext typing environment..

What prevents you from testting this yourself, \type{%} produce a '%' in the text.

2.
in html code is often emphasis found inside the program code
for example:

Maybe it's a dumb question, but may be inside emphasis inside verbatim (\startyping - \stoptyping) environment??

Yes, it's possible to use style commands in verbatim mode but the mechanism in MkII and MkIV
are different and it's important to know which system you use.

Wolfgang