On 25-9-2010 8:30, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 20:25, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
An obscure unicode error, minimal example:

\starttext
(≡) should be ($\equiv$)
\stoptext

Well, this works: $≡$
(This is not to say that the character ≡ alone should not work, but it
may be that it is simply missing in the text font and no mechanism is
there that would switch to "math mode".)

indeed. of course one could use the math font as base font as well, but that would complicate matters a bit as we use a virtual font (so instead of the default set one would need to specify multiple featuresets, which actually is supported)

another solution is do define fallbacks but I have no time right now to do that (it would slow down loading a bit); some time in the future we will have the option in luatex to add missing glyphs to a font using a 'missign glyph' callback but this is quite tricky as there is state to be kept)

making all math characters active and resolve to math could be a solution too but this is not always wanted either (so we should need exceptions etc etc then)