Thank you Wolfgang and all,

this was exactly what I needed. One more thing. I would like to add a date to every chapter in TOC. I do it this way:

\define[1]\ChapterListTextCommand{%
#1\hskip 1.5em
\hbox{
\doiftextelse{\structurelistuservariable{date}{(\structurelistuservariable{datum})}{}
}
}

But actually I would like to align the date to some fixed horizontal position. Something like this:

1. Title of chapter 1         (9.2.2010) .... 5
2. Title of another chapter   (10.3.2010) .. 10
3. A very long title of a chapter
                              (10.5.2010) .. 34
4. Title of fourth chap.      (8.4.2010) ... 25

Another complication is that I would like the line to snap to a grid.
I tried it with framed, but I'm not good enough in ConTeXt.

Please, any idea?

Thank you, best regards,
Tomas