Dear all,

Two quick questions regarding footnotes and Arabic:

1. How do I get a footnote rule/marker to go from right-to-left (i.e. to begin
at the right margin instead of the left margin)?

2. I would like some of my footnote streams to run RtL for Arabic, and also for
those footnotes to be in paragraph form (i.e.
\setupnote[afootnote][paragraph=yes] ). But when I add this command, my
footnote instead runs LtR, the letters get cut up (i.e. the Arabic script is
not connected), and I lose my footnote marker to add insult to injury. How
should I define a footnote stream to run RtL in paragraph form?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Talal

p.s. Below is my attempt thus far, with the problem of defining paragraph=yes,
and with the problem of the footnote rule/marker. Reference to what I should
change in this example would be most helpful:

==========================

%%%     SETUP AREA

%%      PAGE SETUP
\setuppapersize[A4][A4]
\setuplayout[grid=on]
\showgrid
\setupinterlinespace[line=3.8ex]
\setupindenting[yes,big]

%%      FONTS
\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setupsimplefonts[size=12pt]
\definefontfeature[default]  [default]  [mode=node,script=arabic]
\setmainfontfallback[Lotus Linotype]
[scale=1.33,features=arabic,range={arabic,arabicsupplement}]

%%      PARAGRAPH DIRECTION & SPACING - ARABIC - ENGLISH
\def\arabpar    {\textdir TRT\pardir TRT}
\automigrateinserts % to ensure that certain levels of footnotes show up (raw
MKIV feature)

%%      FOOTNOTES
\setupfootnotedefinition[location=serried]

\definenote[afootnote][conversion=set 2]
\setupnote[afootnote][paragraph=yes]

%%%     TEXT
\starttext

\input knuth

\startbaselinecorrection\setupinterlinespace[line=5ex]
\arabpar{
هذه رسالة جامعة مانعة ألفه الشيخ الفاضل النحرير  هذه رسالة جامعة مانعة ألفه
الشيخ الفاضل النحرير  هذه رسالة جامعة مانعة ألفه الشيخ الفاضل النحرير  هذه
رسالة جامعة مانعة ألفه الشيخ الفاضل النحرير  هذه رسالة جامعة مانعة ألفه الشيخ
الفاضل النحرير  هذه رسالة جامعة مانعة ألفه الشيخ الفاضل النحرير
\afootnote{هذه فوتنوت.}
هذه رسالة جامعة مانعة ألفه الشيخ ألفه الشيخ الفاضل النحرير  هذه رسالة جامعة
مانعة ألفه الشيخ الفاضل النحرير  هذه رسالة جامعة مانعة ألفه الشيخ الفاضل
النحرير  هذه رسالة جامعة مانعة ألفه الشيخ الفاضل النحرير  هذه رسالة جامعة مانعة
}
\stopbaselinecorrection

Thus, I came to the conclusion that the designer\footnote{Such as Knuth
himself.} of a new system must not only be the implementer and first
large--scale user; the designer should also write the first user manual.

The separation of any of these four components would have hurt TEX
significantly.