> Am 2010-10-07 um 12:54 schrieb Florian Wobbe:

>>> Ok, but it doesn't work with any other call of luatex - I also tried to
>>> start another shell script that calls luatex, but it hangs in the same
>>> manner. If I kill the luatex process, further commands work.
>>
>> could you send me the calling shell script along with all necessary files to
>> run the context batch? or supply a minimal example instead of prd_paket.tex.
>
> Hi Florian,
>
> it doesn't depend on the tex file, it's the same with
>
> \starttext
> Hello World!
> \stoptext
>
> It also doesn't depend on context options (--batchmode etc.)
>
> And it doesn't seem to depend on the way of calling it from Python/Django:
> - directly with subprocess.Popen (several options), subprocess.call,
> subprocess.check_call
> - indirectly via shell script (that contains just the context call)
> - with context or mtxrun (didn't try texlua directly yet)
> - with setuptex or setting TEXROOT and TEXMFOS directly (in the environment
> for the subprocess call)
>
> I can imagine that it has something to do with SElinux settings, didn't dive
> in that yet.
>
> I can call context manually as the same user that's running the server
> process with all the options.
>
> It also works on my test system (osx-intel) with Django's dev server, just
> not on my Ubuntu server (linux-64).

Well, remote sensing with computers is cumbersome and as I haven't got a clue
what happens on your machine I'd rather see your the shell script. How is this
script intended to be called: as a subshell from the prompt, as a cron job in
the background, ...? I've got Ubunto and OSX here and could try to reproduce
the error for you, if you post your script.

A shell script with just these 4 lines

 #!/bin/bash
 cd $HOME/context/tests
 export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/applic/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin
 context --batchmode test.tex

works as expected on Ubunto 2.6.32-24-server x86_64 with an almost empty
environment (none of the TEX* variables set). You just have to set the path to
context - nothing else is necessary.

As for the environment variables set: you can test for that in the script via
'env' and redirect the output to a file.

Cheers,
Florian