On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:40:19 +0200, luigi scarso <luigi.sca...@gmail.com> wrote:

• the ctx file extension has a special meaning for context (file for
proprocessing in xml format).

- OK, I'm planning to use .tex for Ctx files in the future. Now I'm using
LaTeX and ConTeXt both, so I use .ctx extension for Ctx sources. Moreover,
till I'm trying to achieve the same things in Ctx as I'm used to do in
LaTeX, I may have <a-file>.tex (for LaTeX) and <a-file>.ctx (for ConTeXt) in
the same directory. I initially don't know whether I'll succeed with Ctx
version (I'm still Ctx beginner and, although many things may be made more
easily in Ctx, they work for me in LTX in the moment but still not in Ctx).
You can also use .mkiv for ConTeXt  MKIV

Yes, it sounds better. I noticed .mkiv files in Ctx installation tree but I thought this
extension is "reserved" for a kind of files rather than .ctx.

and .tex for  LaTeX and ConTeXt MKII

(It allows .mkii for "old style" Ctx as well.)

Lukas