Hi Hans and all,

Would it be possible to add an options to the captions with name
textcommand to typeset the caption text only. In French, we use a
point at the end of the captions, but if I want to use \about...
somewhere, I end up with the dot too, which I don't want.

Currently I have changed, rather crudely, the definition of
\putcompletecaption... to take that into account. Here is what I came
up with.

\def\DotAtEnd#1{#1.}
\setupcaptions[\c!textcommand=\DotAtEnd] % ADDED

\long\def\putcompletecaption
       \begstrut\floatcaptionparameter\c!textcommand{#2}\endstrut\endgraf
% MODIFIED
     \fi
   \endgroup
  %\floatcaptionparameter\c!after % test for side effects first

\doifsomething{\floatcaptionparameter\c!spaceafter}{\blank[\floatcaptionparameter\c!spaceafter]}}
%% END YUCK!!

I am sure there is a better way though.

Regards.

-- C├ędric