On 26-10-2010 10:56, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

On 10/26/10 22:09, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 26-10-2010 9:28, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Hi Henning,

On 10/08/10 21:44, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
Ok, the failures were the same with fcgi and gunicorn app servers.

But it _works_ with django's dev server (which you must not use in
production due to memory/security holes etc.).

We just had a somewhat similar problem (texlua hung at 100% cpu
when run via apache) and it turns out, after lots of debugging,
that mtxrun cannot do anything without $HOME. Perhaps yours was
a different symptom of the same problem ?

try this if you want to test CPU heat generation:

    $ env HOME= context knuth

so what should HOME default to then? "."?

Not a default is what is needed, what is needed is that it should work
without a HOME at all (server processes typically dont have one).

sure, but I guess that some path specs have ~ and that we get a loop in the resolver due to this and for these patsh with ~ we need a proper default then

Let's sort this out offlist.

okay