On Nov 8, 2010, at 20:53 , Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 31.10.2010 um 11:16 schrieb Florian Wobbe:
>
>>> Can you make a example where this calculation goes wrong!
>>
>> Thanks! Of cause, a commented minimal example is attached.
>>
>> I have two problems and a wish:
>>
>> 1) The reference line and the following subject line are placed too high.
>
> I uploaded a new version where you disable the automatic placement of the
> reference line and the start of the letter text with
>
>  \setupletterstyle[position=no] % default: position=yes
>
> [...]

Great, this works perfectly - thank you!

>> 3) It would be nice to have a bottomframe for the backaddress field that is
>> not longer than then the text itself.
>
> \setupletterstyle
>  [reference][frame]
>  [width=fit]

I meant the backaddress frame, though. This works analogously:

\setupletterstyle
  [backaddress][frame]
  [width=fit]

I have only on question left:

\setupletterstyle
  [reference]
  [alternative=e,
    list={yourref,yourmail}, % Why is the trailing comma needed?
                             % Without it, the reference line
                             % vanishes completely.
  ]

Best wishes,