On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 09.11.2010 um 00:30 schrieb Michael Goerz:
>> I want part titles to appear on the own (empty) page, centered
>> horizontally and vertically, and in small caps. To this end, I've set
>> up the \part command as [...]
>
> \definefont[PartStyle][Caps sa 1]
> \setuphead
>   [part]
>   [placehead=yes,
>    number=no,
>    before={\startstandardmakeup[align={middle,lohi}]},
>    after=\stopstandardmakeup,
>    style=PartStyle,
>   %align=middle,
>   %page={yes,header,footer,right},
>   %header=high,
>   %footer=high,
>    prefix=no]

Works great! I ended up with

\definefont[PartStyle][Caps sa 1]
\definepagebreak
  [mychapterpagebreak]
  [yes,header,right]
\setuphead[part]
  [placehead=yes,
   page=mychapterpagebreak,
   number=no,
   before={\startstandardmakeup[align={middle,lohi}]\switchtobodyfont[18pt]},
   after=\stopstandardmakeup,
   style=PartStyle,
   align=middle,
   prefix=no]

The only things I had to add were the mychapterpagebreak, which makes
sure the (left) page before the part title is empty, and the fontsize.

Thanks!

Michael