It’s a bit late already over here, so I just forgot the revised
typescript …

On 2010-12-04 <23:48:27>, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> On 2010-12-04 <15:29:56>, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> >
> > Am 03.12.2010 um 23:57 schrieb Philipp Gesang:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > [1] I just bought the Bodoni Old Fashion fonts from URW and made
> > >    a typescript. It is attached to this mail (plus a test file
> > >    for whoever needs it). Maybe it could be included in the
> > >    minimals as third-party typescript.
> > >
> > > [2] Can we get the strings
> > >      \definesystemconstant{SerifSemiBold}
> > >      \definesystemconstant{SerifSemiBoldItalic}
> > >    added to mult-sys.mkiv? This would allow the use of
> > >    “\s!SerifSemiBold” in typescripts.
> >
> > Why, they are only used in your typescripts and they are only useable
> > because you define your own commands to use them with \definebodyfont.
>
> Agreed, it’s a kludge.
>
> > The context way is to write two typescripts, one which use the normal
> > bold style and another one which use the semibold style and in this
> > case both are mapped to SerifBold.
>
> With the few examples for medium/semibold weights in
> “third/typescripts” I was not quite sure how to handle this.
> Thanks for the clarification, I split the typescript accordingly.
>
> Regards, Philipp
>
> > I can add the fonts to my typescript collection but not in the way you
> > currently use them.
> >
> > Wolfgang

> --
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
> /\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments

%D \module
%D   [       file=type-bodoniof,
%D        version=2010-12-03 23:47:43+0100,
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ Typescript Macros,
%D       subtitle=Font Definitions for URW++ Bodoni Old Fashion,
%D         author=Philipp Gesang,
%D           date=\currentdate,
%D      copyright=Philipp Gesang]
%C
%C This file may be distributed under 2-clause BSD license.

%%% Typescript for the Bodoni Old Fashion font by URW++.
%%%
<http://www.urwpp.de/cgi-bin1/dalcgi/source/fontliste0.htd?sprache=english&auswahl=-1&fontnummer=b054013t&m4pb-id=wd16d94b94f7f2e2cf9987dbeae12bccd5a861fbdec>

\starttypescriptcollection [bodoni-of]

\starttypescript [\s!serif] [bodoni-of,bodoni-of-semibold,bodoni-of-medium]
  \definefontsynonym [Bodoni-OF-Regular]        [name:BodoniOldFasURW-Reg]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [Bodoni-OF-Italic]         [name:BodoniOldFasURW-RegIta]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [Bodoni-OF-Bold]           [name:BodoniOldFasURW-Bol]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [Bodoni-OF-BoldItalic]     [name:BodoniOldFasURW-BolIta]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [Bodoni-OF-SemiBold]       [name:BodoniOldFasURW-Med]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [Bodoni-OF-SemiBoldItalic] [name:BodoniOldFasURW-MedIta]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [Bodoni-OF-Smallcaps]      [name:BodoniOldFasURWSC-Reg]
[\s!features=\s!default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [\s!serif] [bodoni-of]
  \setups[\s!font:\s!fallback:\s!serif]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!Serif]           [Bodoni-OF-Regular]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!SerifItalic]     [Bodoni-OF-Italic]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!SerifBold]       [Bodoni-OF-Bold]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!SerifBoldItalic] [Bodoni-OF-BoldItalic]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!SerifCaps]       [Bodoni-OF-Smallcaps]
[\s!features=\s!default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [\s!serif] [bodoni-of-semibold,bodoni-of-medium]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!Serif]           [Bodoni-OF-Regular]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!SerifItalic]     [Bodoni-OF-Italic]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!SerifBold]       [Bodoni-OF-SemiBold]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!SerifBoldItalic] [Bodoni-OF-SemiBoldItalic]
[\s!features=\s!default]
  \definefontsynonym [\s!SerifCaps]       [Bodoni-OF-Smallcaps]
[\s!features=\s!default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [bodoni-of]
  \definetypeface [bodoni-of] [rm] [\s!serif] [bodoni-of] [\s!default]
  \quittypescriptscanning
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [bodoni-of-semibold,bodoni-of-medium]
  \definetypeface [bodoni-of-semibold] [rm] [\s!serif] [bodoni-of-semibold]
[\s!default]
  \quittypescriptscanning
\stoptypescript

\stoptypescriptcollection