Hans,
Thanks very much. That works perfectly.
Nigel

________________________________
From: Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>
Cc: Nigel King <ni...@nigelking.me.uk>
Sent: Monday, 6 December, 2010 13:13:39
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] bug in TABLE when there is a complex head

On 6-12-2010 9:39, Nigel King wrote:
> Hi Developers,
> Enclosed is a piece of code that demonstrates a bug in the NaturalTable
>environment when using a complex head in a multipage case. If you run the
>following code you will notice that not only does the head get repeated but
>also
>the first row of the body of the table. The cause appears to be [nr=2] in the
>head.
>
> I am using
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009) (format=cont-en
>2010.4.14)  6 DEC 2010 08:32
> I do apologise if this is fixed in a later version. Thanks for a great
program.

> \bTABLE[split=repeat]
> \bTABLEhead
> \bTR
>    \bTH[nr=2] head l\eTH
>    \bTH head r\eTH
> \eTR
> \bTR
>    \bTH head r\eTH
> \eTR
> \eTABLEhead
> \bTABLEbody
> \bTR\bTD first l\eTD\bTD first r\eTD\eTR
> \dorecurse{50}{\bTR\bTD subsequent l\eTD\bTD subsequent r\eTD\eTR}
> \eTABLEbody
> \eTABLE

put this in cont-new.tex:

\unprotect

\def\endtblrow
  {\kern\dimexpr\tbltblrightmargindistance-\tbltblcolumndistance\relax
   \crcr
   \noalign
     {\nointerlineskip
      \ifnum\tblrow>\noftblheadlines
        \ifnum\gettblnob\tblrow=\zerocount
          \allowbreak
        \fi
      \else
        \allowbreak % else no proper head split off
      \fi
      \bgroup % protect local vars
        \@@tblsplitafter
      \egroup
      \bgroup % protect local vars
        \scratchcounter\numexpr\tblrow+\plusone\relax
        \ifnum\scratchcounter>\noftblhdnxlines\relax
          \ifnum\scratchcounter<\maximumrow\relax

\doifsomething\tbltblspaceinbetween{\blank[\tbltblspaceinbetween]}%
          \fi
        \fi
      \egroup}}

\protect