All,

I've begun summarizing the bibliography problems. Could you all see if your
particular problem is mentioned here? If I missed something, please send your
test files to the list or to me, please use the sample.bib which is now
included in the minimals, and please make the test cases as short as possible.

Hans and Taco, one general remark: one thing that is confusing is that the
key/value pair "criterium=XXX" is present for the \setuppublications and for
the \setuppublicationlist and for the \placepublications command, yet seems to
do slightly different things in each. Maybe that's a place where the interface
should be changed?

Here's what I have so far:

% Example 1, posted in a slightly different form by "Curiouslearn" on
% 2010-11-25: Hagen 2010c is not quoted and should not be in the list of
% references. On 2010-11-26, Mathieu Boespflug made a further observation on
% the original testfile which I can't reproduce because it's too complex. Can
% you show the effect by modifying this simple case?

\setuppublications[state=start,refcommand=authoryear]
\setupbibtex[database=sample]

\starttext
\section{Test}
This \cite[hh2010a]

and that \cite[Eijkhout1991]

\section{References}
\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

% Example 2: a spurious entry [4] in the list of references.

\setuppublications[state=start,alternative=num]
\setupbibtex[database=sample]

\starttext
\section{Test}
This \cite[hh2010a]

and that \cite[Eijkhout1991]

\section{References}
\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

% Example 3, posted by Mojca on 2010-11-29: horizontal spacing of list of
% references is insufficient

\setuppublications
    [alternative=num]

\setuppublicationlayout[web]{%
    {\sc url}: \inserturl{}{}{}%
}

\dorecurse{1200}{\startpublication[k=a\recurselevel,t=web]
\biburl{http://pragma-ade.nl}\stoppublication}

\starttext
\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

% Example 4, posted by Charles Doherty on 2010-10-20: no references are typeset

\setuppublications[criterium=all,numbering=no]

\setupbibtex[database=sample,sort=author]

\starttext

\section{References}

\placepublications

\stoptext

Please add further short examples; I will aggregate and send everything to Hans.

Thomas