On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:27, Verhaag, G.C.H.M. wrote:

> I want to try to install some new fonts and it is common practice to use
> texfont for that. ConTeXt comes with its own texfont, but when I type
> texfont at my linux-prompt, no texfont can be found? Do I need to install
> additional tools to be able to build new fonts?

TeXfont used to be a common practice until the arrival of MKIV. It's
not maintained, it is somewhat buggy, it has been removed from
standard tools (though you can still make it work easily), but I would
strongly recommend you to use ConTeXt MKIV (LuaTeX instead of pdfTeX)
if you need non-texie fonts. In that case all you need to do is to put
your fonts into texmf-fonts or texmf-local under
tex/opentype/company/fontname (the part "tex/opentype" is the most
important part - assuming that you are indeed dealing with OpenType
fonts).

Alternatively you may configure OSFONTDIR to point to the folders
where you have your system fonts and they will be picked up
automatically. If you use XeTeX your system font should be found by
default.

You only need the right typescripts, but no font conversion at all.

Mojca