On 14-12-2010 12:25, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:
Hello,

I encountered a strange effect. Let's have a code that generates the
same math, firstly by Ctx and secondly by Lua:

---
\starttext
\startformula
M_{t,WnT} = 1000
\stopformula

\startluacode
context.startformula()
context("M_{t,WnT} = 1000")
context.stopformula()
\stopluacode
\stoptext
---

You can see the result - the space between "W" and "n" in lower index is
smaller when generated (natively) by Ctx than that in math generated by
Lua. (The latter case may affect a bit "disturbingly" to the reader.)

It seems also that space between (subscript) "T" and "=" varies.

So why these differences? How to avoid the extra-space when Lua
generates math subscript?

actually, the luacode was doing the right thing as there is a protect/unprotect mismatch (will be fixed); putting this at the top of you file works:

    \catcodetable\ctxcatcodes

I have no clue yet where the space comes from (that's taco's speciality)